Email Address:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, July 21, 2008

Damn...I missed my own event

I had a co-brand launch with World thsi past Friday.
I fucked around and missed the entire thing. Well, it wasnt from fucking around.
Lets go back a few days. Lets take it to Sunday. This is when it started to unravel.
So, The sample was supposed to be in Sunday. im soooo stoked because I know the shit is gonna look wicked. But....No sample 2day. All good. Then here comes Monday and then Tuesday. Hmmmmm its becoming that time when you have to bust that move just based on gut instinct. So, i start to mention the print job to a few screeners I know. But just as something to check out. I dont want to jump the gun just yet. I still have the faith in the dude that accepted the job weeks ago. Only
because ive seen his work and he has a quick turnaround time. So now lets say
its 6 Tuesday eve. I call World. They still havent heard from this dude. So, now
I gotta start taking this shit serious. I have a meeting with a screener like 20 mins later. He's down. Fuckin sweet. We're in business. If anything goes down. 10.30
I get the call, the original screen printer cant do it he broke his hand trying to fix his machine and a part broke from that machine. It wont be available until next week.
Hmmm that sounds a lot like im wont have it on Friday. No sweat I just met with someone that will have us straight. At this point i'm sleeping real easy. Wake up, send artwork, drop deposit, all aces. Back on track. In your face Murphy! 8am Wednesday, the plans going: Wake up, send artwork. There's a problem. The art is too big. I would have to outsource some of it elsewhere. Ok cool. How long will that take? A few days.
Dammit...No worries at an event the night before I ran into my boy that blessed me with another person that could bust it out and a have a few resources I can ring u as well. But right now its about who can do it, will do it, and wont charge me an arm and an ass for it. 9am. I call the dude my boy hooked me up with. And another printer I know. Im going back and forth with these two guys. Kind of a bidding war.
Because I still need quality, speed and price. The reference I had from my boy had the great price for such short notice. The other one cost enough to make me go with the other guy. Made the call to World they were down. Lets do it. I made the decision to roll with this guy. Woooo!! Back in business. But wait after I made the decision on this printer, he realizes the print is also too big for his machine. I would have to shrink the design by 2 inches. When your only going by inches thats a big shrink. So, now back to the other printer. Does great work but more costly. Well thats all I really have left. We do a little negotiating, I really have nothing to work with. He's got me by the balls. Whatever, lets do it. He cant meet up that night.
All good. In the AM lets do it. I get there drop the deposit about 10 am Thursday.
The size is cool. He has the colors. Back in business. He'll have the shirts by 3.
The latest. No sweat my man. Everythings a breeze now. I can swing that easily.
I go out with no worries. I call the printer about 8pm. To see how its going. He hasnt started yet. He's gonna start in the am. Well now that 3 doesnt seem so steady. But we shall see. Dudes a pro. But I know from experience that "i'll do it in the morning" shit never works on time. I wake up fri. Call the printer . He's been on it since 7. Thats whats up. In the meantime, i'll go to the store and help with the set up. Went to the store, got that together. Colt 45's in, Red bull dropped off. Sweet!! Now its
1.30. Shirts arent done. After I finish with the store. I go back to the crib to prep my shit. I already feel its gonna be a mad dash. But still unsure of what time that will be.
I'm thinking i'll be about a half hour late. Thats cool. Call the printer again. He says 4.30. I get there @ 4.45. Expecting shit to be done. No. Still not done. When is it done? 6.30. Dude looked @ me like I was supposed to give him a tip or something. In my mind i was like ur tip is have my shit on time next time. No time for that I still have to go home and make some manual adjustments. What time do I get to the event? 8. Just as it has ended. Missed the performance. Shout out to Fresh Daily, who ripped it. Or so ive heard. Shout out to C Dice, who fuckin saved my life that day. And shout out to everyone that came out to show love. Everyone had a blast. Or so i've heard, I wont miss the next one thats for sure. But this time shit happens. Damn u Murphy. U got me this time. But not again.

The T is still waaaaaaay dope though. So it wasnt at all in vain.
"TO THE FUTURE"
Found exclusively @ World NYC /187 Chrystie St./ L.E.S/212.677.4296


Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

n'dada vaz said...

kudos!

get it done,by any means bro. many others might have crumbled under the pressure.

p.s. wait to you see my _________(oh yeah)

p.s.s. the shirt is retarded